Spiral Balance & Pivot Shoe

A handy person from Ohio says:
We have 3 or 4 windows that will not stay up or the spiral balance will fall down. We are wanted to fix the windows but are not sure what all we need. I will need the spiral balance charge tool. These windows are pretty old but are still good. Could you please help me with what I need to do and to order to repair my windows? I have no name or markings on the windows. I watched the video so I feel like we can repair the windows. I am not sure if I need the entire spiral balance or just the clips that hold them. I will check all the other windows to see what they need. Thank you for your time.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Parts.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. The first thing to check with these tilt window spiral balances is to see if 'charging' them will fix the issue. If you need a charging tool, see our 75-006. Remove the sash from the window, then give the spiral balances 3 or 4 rotations to charge. Put the sash back in. If it still fails to stay open, try charging the balances 2 or 3 times more, but no further. If they still won't stay charged, that's how you know you might need new balances or new shoes. If the old shoes are broken, we'll need to see one out of the window, and we'll need the width and thickness. For the spiral balances, will need either our Series 600 or Series 900. Let us know if you have any questions.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.