Spiral Balance needed

A handy person from Appleton, WI says:
Hello,
I have ten Alcoa "Magna-Frame Series" signal hung tilting windows 29"W X 49" H The lower sash is 14lbs. The spiral balance tub is 25.75" long with a 1/2" OD white vinyl cover. The inside balance tub without the cover is 24.5" long with 7/16" OD Dia. The pivot shoes seem to be ok. I would like to replace all of the spiral balance tubs. Is there an option for replacing the white vinyl tub covers or new balance cover insert to fit my windows 1/2" balance opening.
Thanks!
Dennis
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190705_161614.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190705_161743.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190705_161836.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190705_163417.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190705_145227.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid you can't replace that white tube. You'll need an all new balance. I would also confirm the outer diameter of that tube. It should be more like 9/16". I don't believe any balance in this style was made with a 1/2" diameter.

If so, then I recommend our Series 600. I feel confident this will work as a replacement for your original balance.

A handy person from Appleton, WI says:
Hi Tom,
You are right the outer vinyl tub is 9/16". If the new balance is 9/16" will it fit into opening that is only 1/2"?
The old one with the vinyl tub would flex into the opening.
Thanks Dennis
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190705_163717.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I understand you concern. Personally speaking, whenever I used our metal tube Series 600 balance to replace the old plastic tubes, I never ran into any issues. I think you'll be okay.

Specifically, you should consider our S600-25 with a blue tip. Our 75-006 charging tool will also be very helpful when you go to attach the new spiral to your pivot shoe.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.