Spiral Balance w/attached shoe.

A home owner from Lakeland, FL says:
Hi,
I'm trying to find a replacement for this spiral balance. It's 23" x 3/8' with a red tip. It has an attached shoe that is connected with a rivet and the whole thing pivots a bit. The shoe is nylon(?) but it also has a aluminum piece that is used as an attachment to a spring loaded quick release located on the bottom corners of the window itself. These aluminum replacement windows have no identifying markings anywhere and are maybe mid 1970s-1980s. The only identifying mark I can find is on the bottom of the shoe and it's a US patent #3,688,441. There is a very good side view technical drawing from the patent on Google Patent search here: https://patents.google.com/patent/US3688441 (Fig. 11 & 12) plus I've attached a few pics.

I would appreciate any help at all with finding a replacement spiral balance with an attached shoe for this.

Thanks,
Ken
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi Ken. Reviewing your photos and information, I am leaning toward our S305-23 spiral balance with a red tip as being the replacement for you. Our 15-023 balance shoe is attached to this balance. Take a look to see if this is a match for you.
A home owner from Lakeland, FL says:
Thanks so much for the help Paul! Looks exactly like the one I have. I ordered the part from you guys. Your prices and shipping are very reasonable. I see you're going to be closed tomorrow because of the Nor'easter. It's 75 degrees right now here in central Florida. I feel for you man.

Thanks again,
Ken
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.