Spiral Balances

A handy person from Pearl River says:
I have windows which seem to have had the spiral balances replaced with the wrong size. Can I measure the window run (almost all the way up minus spacer) to all the way down to figure the spiral balance size (length).The windows are double hung vinyl tilt-out, the shoe is 15-047. I also need to replace locks will send pics from Ipad so pics can be included.
A handy person from Pearl River says:
Here are slides and tilt locks
Pivot shoe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm afraid I can't identify your tilt latches from these pictures. Can you show me a one complete photo of an undamaged version of this latch without anything obstructing it? As for the spiral balances, let me know the height of the visible glass for the sash they support. I can use that to calculate the length you need.
A quick learner says:
I
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It looks like your message was cut off. Try posting it again. As I said, you should consider sending some photos, as well.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.