Spiral Balances Tube tip color

A home owner from Louisville, Ky says:
Don't know brand name vinyl windows. They are double hung, tilt, vinyl frame. Weight of sash is approx 18 lbs. Spiral balances tube size is 30" length and appear to be 5/8" (600 series). However, the old spiral tube are made of vinyl (not metal) and have no color tip. The only tip I can see are yellow or faded white (may be part of tube). The Pivot Shoe has a Blue pivot point. Can you advise me which spiral balance to use. Also which pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on your specifications, I recommend that you consider our S600-30 spiral balance with a Red Tip. We do not carry balances with plastic tubes, but ours work just the same.

I do not know what pivot shoe you have. I will need to see pictures of yours removed from the window. I will also need to k now its width and thickness.
A home owner from Louisville, Ky says:
Since my previous posting, I discovered that my wi ndows are MW Vinyl,double hung, tilting in windows. Approximately 15 years old. Can I use S600-30 spiral balance with the red tip? What type of weatherstripping would fit?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I have used the S600-30 for MW windows in the past, yes. Considering the specifications you outlined for your balances match our S600-30, as well, I think it would be the best place to start.

For the weatherstripping, see either our 58-002 or 58-127 and carefully compare them to your own to see if either match.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.