Spiral balance

A quick learner says:
I have a spiral balance that has a white plastic housing that measures 28 inches in length and 3/8inches round. The spiral completely extended adds another 28 inches to the length. The pictures or the mechanism in the channel of the window has no way of coming out at this point. So if you have the spiral balance and the part that goes in the window channel how to I replace the part in the window channel.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Sounds like you will need our S900-28 balance with a red tip. You'll have to get that pivot shoe out in order to identify it. We'll need to know its width and thickness. I've associated a couple of videos that will help you learn how to remove it.

A quick learner says:
Okay thanks as soon as possible he customer returns from vacation I will cut that piece out and get you the information you need. Thanks
A quick learner says:
Sorry for the delay on the pivot shoe but the homeowners just got back from a cruise. Attached are the pictures of the pivot shoe. The measurements are 1 inch in width and 2 inches in length and 3/8 inches thick. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It's quite alright. We are glad to hear from you and have some photos to share. Your pivot shoe looks close to our 15-134. Carefully look over our specifications to see if this would make a good fit. This shoe is used with the 26-297 pivot bar.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.