Spiral balance

A quick learner from Florida says:

Hello, I recently purchased spiral balances for my bathroom window, which were a red tip. I am interested in replacing more balances, but I don't see that you sell the color that I need. The color currently installed I saw yellow, that being said, I'm not sure the previous home owners used the correct ones. Also, I weighed the sash and they are 23 lbs - which is just outside of the blue tip weight limit. I need them to be 24inches as well.

Thank you so much for any and all help you can give!

I neglected to mention I need them in 3/8 inch.

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. If your balances are 3/8" in diameter, then I recommend our S900-24. Traditionally, the Green Tip color option would be enough for your sash weight, but they no longer make these balances with that rating. Please give us a little more time as we look into its availability and I'll get back to you as soon as we can. In the meantime, can you just tell me how many you need?

I would need 8 in that size. I do also need other sizes, which you do carry.

I have seen other websites say they carry balances that would be suitable for my windows, however I recently had success with your product and don't want to try a different company out.

Thank you for your help!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Okay! Instead of doing a special order, we actually just added the Green Tip option online for our S900-24. That way you can place an order for it normally. However, keep in mind we still do not have it in stock. Please allow 4-5 business weeks before it comes in.

You can place your order whenever you wish. Let me know if you have any questions. To reiterate, we think the Green Tip option for the S900-24 will be perfect for your sash weight.

Thank you so much! I?ll look into it later this evening when I return home.
I went to order and the website says the green tip is out of stock and gives me an option for an alert when they are in stock. I know you said it?ll be several weeks before they become available, can I wait until then to place my order?
Also, checking the color of the 24 inch balances, the one I could see the color on (they were in such bad shape literally only one had the color identifier still attached) was yellow. What is the weight limit for yellow ones? I assume I should use yellow since they were already installed previously.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

An S900-24 balance with a Yellow Tip option would be for sashes that weigh 24 through 34 pounds, which would be overkill for your windows. Your balances would likely be too strong and you will have a hard time closing your windows. The green tip are ideal for your sash weight, so I would go with that. You can totally wait until they're in stock to place your order.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Just wanted to let you know that our Green Tip S900-24 balances are now in stock. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.