Spiral balance Selection - Help Needed

A quick learner says:
I have several very heavy 2004 era PGT Winguard Windows, vinyl, single hung, tilt-in sash, with hurricane impact glass. They have one 3/8" and one 9/16" spiral balance on each side. The tube length is 33" on all of them. There is no tip remaining of the 3/8" balancers except for maybe some yellowish color on the 3/8" balancer supporting the heavier window noted below.

The tips on most of the 9/16" balances that still have tips remaining look to be red in color.

Sash Weights:

The smaller window is 44 pounds

The larger window is 54 pounds.

Please advise on what's the optimum combinations of balancers I need for these two windows.

Thanks!

Chuck

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Chuck. We've never heard of a 3/8" and 9/16" balance being used in tandem applications before. That's pretty weird. Do you have enough room to use two 9/16" diameter balances? If so, two S600-33 with red tip options would be my pick for both sashes. 

We like to keep things as symmetrical as possible when it comes to balances. Mixing and matching hardware is always a recipe for disaster. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.