Spiral balance blue tip on 12" tube?

A quick learner from USA says:
This is what I have in my windows. It looks like the units on the web site
except mine has that spring added to it. The tube on the end is approx 12
inches long. The spring is approx 17 inches long. You can see the blue tip
on the end of the spring that the spiral part comes out of. The tube is 3/8 inch dia and 12 inches long. The spiral piece is 29
Spiral balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Welcome to SWISCO. If your tube measures 12 inches long by 5/8 inches in diameter, and you have a tilt window, you can use our S600-12. Measure the diameter of the metal tube (the one by the tape measure in your photo) to verify. You should weigh your window sash to confirm that you need a blue tip, for a window sash weight of 10 to 26 pounds. If your diameter is 3/8 inches, please let us know.
A quick learner says:
Hi Mike,
A 12" tube wont work. Can you give me a call to discuss? The Tube and Spring together measure 29". The spiral part taken out also measures 29".

Thanks,
Jeff
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, I'm confused. In your first post, you said the tube is 12" long. Looking at your photo with the tube next to the ruler, that appears to be accurate. You don't want to measure the inside spiral or spring, just the outer tube.

If the tube in your second picture is broken so that it's smaller than its original length, you will need to measure a balance from the same window that isn't damaged to confirm what size you actually need.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.