Spiral balance for a WinGard SH 700 window

A home owner from Port Aransas Texas says:
I need to replace some spiral window balances where the metal spiral has rusted out. The windows are PGT WinGard (series SH 700, I believe - the label says "PGT - Single Hung - SH - 701"). The windows are 10 years old. The metal tube is 23" long (I may need additional lengths as well, as I haven't tested all the windows yet, as they are almost never opened). There is a single hole at the top, with a blue plastic cap at the bottom of the tube where the spiral comes out. The tube is a 5/8" width. The tube itself is metal, with a white cover over it. I believe the white covers can be used again, as they are detachable. Can you tell me what type of balance I need?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

If you have a tilt window, you will need the S600-23 replacement balance with the 'blue' tip option and the 75-006 charging tool.

If you have a non-tilt window, you will need the S500-23 replacement balance with the 'blue' tip option and the 75-005 charging tool.

Make sure when you measure you old spiral balances, that you are just measuring the metal portion (do not include the blue tip in your calculation).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.