Spiral balance for non-tilt window

A professional from Altamonte Springs, Florida says:
I need to replace both balance assemblies in a non-tilt window.

The overall length of the aluminum tube is 10 1/2" and its diaameter is 9/16".

I do not find it in your listings, and hope that this model still exists.

If not, there is a lady who is going to be very upset as she cannot open her window!!

If this model still exists can you tell me if there is a dealer in the Orlando, Florida area, or can I buy direct from you?

Thank you,

Stephen
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Stephen, thanks for posting. We may be able to help, but I have a couple questions before we can recommend anything.

First is there any bracket or shoe attached to the end of the spiral? If so, could I see a few pictures of it?

Second, can you confirm the length of the tube? Usually our spiral balance tubes have lengths that end on the inch. If yours is really 10-1/2", it will have to be custom ordered.

Finally, can you give me the weight of your window sash? This is especially important if the balance needs to be custom made. Let me know!
A quick learner says:
Sorry for not responding sooner.
I have attached photos of the actual part
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for the picture, Stephen. Could you also give me the weight of the sash? Also, I assume that the tube is in fact 10-1/2" long, based on that tape measurer?
A quick learner says:
The sash weighs about 3 Lbs.
Yes, the tube itself is 10/12 inches
I also need the white clip for the bottom of the window.
Profile picture of Tom
Can you confirm the weight of the sash? 3 pounds is VERY light for this type of balance. I recommend removing it from the window and placing it on a scale to get the most accurate weight possible.
A quick learner says:
Getting the exact weight is difficult to get since the window is in a rental home. I am sure that the window is in a shower area and is 12" H x 24" W with frosted glass and metal frame.
Profile picture of Tom
Well, since the length is 10-1/2", the balance will have to be custom made. However, I'm hesitant to make a form up for you without having the exact weight. Custom balances cannot be returned, and I just want to make sure that everything is correct. These systems can be delicate, and if the balances are too weak or too strong then the windows will not operate correctly.
A quick learner says:
I did get the window out and get a weight on it. I was off on the weight big time. It is 7.2 LBS
Profile picture of Tom
Great! That's perfect. We just need one more piece of information, which is the length of the interior spiral itself. The best way to get it is to place the spiral balance upside down on the table so that the end of the spiral is against the table, then measuring it tip to tip.
A quick learner says:
That measures 12 inches
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, we have everything in order now. Check out this Custom Spiral Balance Request Form that I've started for you based on the information in this thread. Once you fill out the rest of the information, one of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter.

As for the attachments, you should also consider our 15-009 and 17-009.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.