Spiral balance question

A handy person from Las Vegas, NV says:
Based on what I can see it looks like our single hung window with your 17-052 #63 type of bottom sash clips. The spiral balances are not connected, dropped down in the track loose. If I follow your directions "while someone holds the sash in the open position, spin the spiral up to the bottom of the sash. Finally, with our 75-004 tool, give the balance about three turns to charge it and lock it to the end into the sash clip." what keeps it in place, the power spring itself or can you describe or offer a video on how to "lock it" in to the sash clip please? Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Single Hung Window Sash Clip -  Engaged.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can help. With the sash in the up position, bring the spiral up to it. Hook on the charging tool, our 75-005, and give the spiral about three turns. You should feel the tension build as you turn the spiral. You need to remember, when charging the spiral, you do it as close as possible to the balance tube end.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.