Spiral balance shoe

A quick learner from Evans, GA says:
Need to replace single hung spiral balance shoe. One shoe is cracked and does not move with window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC5E3225-48B1-42CC-903B-B429276366BE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 01D1C039-199F-47FF-BBD6-85084A2B4581.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B2FD7F3F-6344-4D22-AA37-BF010602FC33.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your pivot shoe looks similar in design to our 15-188. Please review this product and let me know if you think it would work for you as a replacement. Make sure to compare our dimensions to your own to confirm.

A quick learner from Evans, GA says:
Tom, thanks for your help. The 15-188 worked perfect. I want to replace the bottom weather stripping also. Can you guide me for proper weather stripping. The bulb appears to be 9/32"with an angled channel. I would also like to replace the weather stripping on the side of the windows that fits through a channel. (can't remember what you call the brush stripping). Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0684.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0685.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0686.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Glad to hear the 15-188 worked so well.

The bad news is that I'm not familiar with this type of weatherstripping. We don't have an exact match, and I'm not sure what would work as a substitute. Of all the types we sell, I would say that the closest matches would be maybe the 58-171 and 58-182. It looks like these work under sorta the same principle, but I'm not sure how well either would work for you. Look them both over and let me know what you think.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.