Spiral balance tilt window pivot shoe

A quick learner says:

21" Spiral tube spool diameter 5/8" RED TIP spiral:

Shoe measures 1 9/16 wide x 2 1/2 height x 1/2 deep (see photo attached)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOURE ABLE TO IDENTFY A REPLACEMENT FOR SAID PIVOT SHOE. I WOULD LIKE TO ORDER AT LEAST TWO.

THANK YOU

JOSEPH 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WINDOW LINDA'S ROOM.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Our 15-188 is very similar to yours, and its dimensions match up quite well except for the width. 1-9/16" is actually very large for a shoe. You may want to double check that.

Otherwise, look over the 15-188 and let me know what you think.

A quick learner says:

Thank you Tom for your reply, I went back and re measured the width again is appears to be 1 3/4, do you have a shoe similar to your 15-188 that would measure a width of at least 1 3/4.

My second question is what's the widest width for a shoe similar to your 15-188??

Thank You Joseph

Profile picture of Tom

Hi, Joseph. We don't have any shoe that wide. I've actually never seen a shoe that wide in my years working here. 1-1/4" is usually as big as it gets. 

Are you making sure to measure it after you remove it from the window, or is it still installed? If it's still installed, your measurement will not be accurate.

If you are 100% positive that your shoe is 1-3/4" wide, then we cannot help. We simply don't have anything that big.

A quick learner says:

Hello Tom, the shoe is still installed and I did not wish to remove it because I'm not sure the window will sit in the sash property.

With that being said I do feel that the 15-i88 should do the trick. Please let me know how I can order two items of the 15-188. Thank you again for your help. Joseph

Profile picture of Tom

Sure, you can place an order for the 15-188 whenever you wish from our site. Just set the quantity you need and click "add to cart," then click "checkout" when you're done.

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.