Spiral balance and shoe?

A professional from Meadville says:
To whom it may concern.
Attached are a few pictures of a spiral balance I am having difficulty locating. Parts a from a fairly old (1950s ish ?) single pane double hung aluminum window. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Luke
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have the old discontinued C-Alwintite window. The balance isn't made anymore, but I believe you can use our S500-23 spiral balance and 16-012 bracket to substitute it. I would also recommend a charging tool like our 75-005 to make installation easier.

Your sashes aren't made to come out unless you dismantle the master frame. This can be a time consuming job, but we have a process we like to use.

With someone helping you, you will need to drop the new balance in from the top of the sash, screw it in at the top, then let the spiral drop down. You will then raise the sash and, while someone holds the sash in the open position, spin the spiral up to the bottom of the sash. Finally, with our75-005 tool, give the balance about three turns to charge it and lock it to the end into the sash clip.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.