Spiral balancer

A quick learner from Swartz Creek Michigan says:
They are 29" long width of 3/8 and the window sash weight is 22 lbs. Should I order the red, or green. Also need 4 balancers for a 26" length 3/8 width with 9 lb. Window sash also need 4 window balancer length 29" width 3/8 window sash weighs 25 lb.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221029_173816.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221029_114948.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. Looking at your photos, your balance has a black tip color option. The problem is that no 3/8" balance was ever made with that tip. I highly recommend that you double check the diameter of the outer tube to ensure that it's not 9/16", instead. You need to measure it as carefully as possible; that's unfortunately not something I can judge from a photo of a tape measure. You should do this for each balance in question.

Assuming that it is 9/16" then you would simply go with the S600-29 with the black tip weight option.

A quick learner from Swartz Creek Michigan says:
Hi Tom I re-measureed all the balancers and they are all 3/8 width. They are about 30 yrs. old from a manufactured home. They all have a plastic outer tube and all have a black coupling for all 14 windows with different sash weights. I have 8 windows 29" length and 16 lb. Sash = 29"900 red. I have 2 windows 17" length 10.5 lb Sash = 17"900 red. I have 2 29" 25.5 lb Sash = 29"900 yellow? I have 2 windows 26" 9lb Sash = 26"900 red? I also would like to buy a few pivot shoes just in case. I took one out and will show photos. 3/8 thick 2" long, or 1 15/16" and 1" wide, or 15/16. I am pretty confused on what to do because they are all 3/8 with a black coupling.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do not have your exact pivot shoe, but please review the 15-212 or 15-134 pivot shoes to see how they compare to your original. Please note that the 15-212 has a cam opening that is 5/16" by 3/16" and the 15-134 has a 1/4" wide by 3/16" high opening that accepts the pivot bar.

Alternate image for 15-212
Alternate image for 15-212

Alternate image for 15-134
Alternate image for 15-134

For the spiral balances, you will want to go based on the weight of the window sash to choose the correct color tip option. 

Even though the 26" balance has a 9 pound sash weight, the red tip should not give you an issue. 

For the 29" , 25.5 window sash, either the green or yellow tip should work for the window since the range falls into both. 

Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.