Spiral balances

Contractor from Brownstown Township, Michigan
Mar 5, 2024 1:28 pm

Hi, I need to replace the spiral balances for 3 of my windows. Total of 6 balances. They are tilt-in windows. The diameter of the medal tube is 3/8" and the length of measure's 28 1/2 inches. Could not tell what the color of the tips were. The weight of the sash is 18.2 pounds. According to your web site, the tilt-in window with 3/8" diameter balancer would be the S-900.

Thanks for your help! Larry 

tilt window spiral tip spiral balance tube spiral balance tube 4 5
5 user uploaded images
2 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Mar 6, 2024 10:31 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hi there Larry.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Since this is a tilt window and the tube measures 3/8" in diameter, you'd want the Series 900. You can round up to 29" for the length and use the red tip or green tip option. A pair of S900-29 balances with a red tip will support a sash weighing 10 to 22 pounds. A pair of S900-29 balances with a green tip will support a sash weighing 14 to 26 pounds. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Contractor from Brownstown Township, Michigan
Mar 6, 2024 2:33 pm
Thank you for responding so quickly!
Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts