Spring Balance #2790

A handy person from NJ says:
I see several balance springs for 27' glass (28" channel), but the one i have has a stamp saying 2790. I only see 2770 as the highest weight capacity. I am not able to weigh the sash and wondering if it may be heavier than 39 lbs.

Do you know if the spring sizes have changed?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2790 33
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The spring sizes have changed, yes. Stamps ending in "90" like yours use an old rating system that is no longer in use. One of our stamps may very well work for you, but you'll need to weigh your sash on a scale to confirm. That's the only way to be sure.

A handy person from NJ says:
Thanks for the info on the springs.

We need a little more help to identify the right product.

It looks like we have either an S351 or S390 balance. I am adding more photos. I only have photos and no way to measure the bottom shoe like your instructions say.

One photo shows the bottom shoe. Does this look like the wider S390 to you?

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5700.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5702.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5703.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's really tough to say. Since it's only a 1/8" difference, it's not always easy to eyeball. I can say that the bottom fitting in your photo does look on the large side, but that's no guarantee. The only way to be sure is to measure it, unfortunately. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.