Spring Installation problem

A home owner from Garland, TX says:

I have a Larson storm door in which I am trying to replace the latch on one of the sliding windows. The attached photos are of the good latch on the left side. The right side is what I need to replace. I ordered the 91-140 which matches the latch. 

When I went to install the spring through, I found it was not butting up against anything to stay in place. When I looked at the good latch side, I saw a piece of metal that was situated behind the spring (side.png). It appears it is part of the opening displayed in "top.png". On the bad latch side this piece of metal is apparently no longer present to hold the spring in place. I was wondering if you have any suggestions or work arounds for this?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. It looks like you need the new retainer spring. With that in mind, see our 91-003. This is compatible with the 91-140 and appears to match your old piece.

Dimensions for 91-003
Dimensions for 91-003

Thank you. Will place order right now.
I got both the 91-003 and 91-003M. I used the 91-003M as the latches were metal. 91-003M worked perfectly. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it! Thank you so much for confirming and please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

How to replace your storm window latches and corners
How to replace your storm window latches and corners
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.