Spring balance

A quick learner says:
Exactly 30.5 inches
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230131_081732.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in.

These appear that they could likely be our Series 880 Hybrid Balances, however, to confirm for sure, I'll need to know if there are any stamps on the plastic tube. If so, also please confirm the number of balances you intend to purchase.

If there is no stamp, please let me know and we can work from there to get you the correct balances.

A quick learner says:

Jasmine,

I Googled Swisco Series 880 Hybrid Balances. Yes, this looks like the exact balance. How should I proceed to order 4 of these balances?

Tom

PS: There is NO stamp. They are 30.5 inches long, 5.8 inch diameter, green tension and white outer casing.

PSS: I sent a whole bunch of photos. I assume that you have them?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I'll be helping you from here, since this is a custom product.

To start, I don't have any other photos from you aside from what you've shown above. Please note that I can only see what you upload directly to this page.

As for the balance, hybrid balances should always have a stamp as a rule. It's possible that yours has simply worn away. If that's the case then we will need you to weigh the sash down to the ounce and tell me what you get.

The stamp is what allows us to determine what the calibration of the spring is, which is probably the most important detail. Without it, we have to calculate it ourselves, which is why we need the exact weight. Please let me know if that's something you can write down for me.

A quick learner says:

I have added two photos to this communication. If you want more, ask Deb, she has more.

The critical information is as follows:

1. The balance is exactly 30.5 inches but it could be manufactured to 30 inches if this is standard for you.
  2. The balance is exactly 5/8 inches in diameter
  3. The balance has a green bushing. The sash weighs 45 lbs 8 oz.(Note: the windows never stayed up)
  4. The tube appears to be white vinyl.
  5. The windows were manufactured by Flescher of Lehigh Acres, FL (now EAS Fort Myers, FL)

Again, there are no markings on theses balances. I have these balances on all my windows and there aren't markings on any of them.

If necessary, I can mail this balance to you for first hand onservation.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230131_082953.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you! These photos verify that you can use our hybrid balance as a replacement. With the sash weight in mind, we will make this with a 30-46 stamp. This should be perfectly sufficient for your window.

I'll email you a purchase link and price quote now that will let you add 4 to your cart. You can then checkout as normal.

Please note that these balances won't include the same 17-083 bracket that you show in this most recent photo. This is sold separately, so if you needed it you will still have to add it to your cart before you checkout. Or, you can simply reuse your original, assuming that it's in working condition. Whichever you prefer.

Please let me know if you had any questions!

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.