Spring balance parts

A quick learner from Hancock VA. says:

All the plastic parts in these spring-operated frames have deteriorated.

I really hope you sell repayment parts.

I have not been able to find any identifying numbers. Have not removed the frames but, if you think that might help find identifying info I can.

Thank you

Karl 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230102_202734164.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230102_202745890.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20230102_203225279.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have window jamb liners that are not used today. There are two ways you can go about fixing these windows. First, remove the sashes and jamb liners to determine if the jamb liners are damaged. If they're still in good shape, you could use our 5/8" thick Series 500 non-tilt balances with 17-012 brackets to anchor them to the bottom of the sash. The other option is to take the jamb liners and sash to your nearest millwork and have them fit you with a new set. Thanks for posting. 

A quick learner from Hancock VA. says:
Hi
Got the parts you suggested. when I took the window apart discovered that the 5/8 part is to thick. I looked on line and found the 3/8 inch 400 series. Looks like that would work.
When I called customer service to arrange to return the Spiral balances and brackets they asked me to check on this thread to make sure the S400-24 and bracket #14 would be the right replacement. Will the charging tool 75-005 work for the 400 series?
Hopefully these will work and I can order new ones for all of my windows.
thanks very much for your help with this project.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that the S500 spiral balance didn't work for you. We can't be sure since your original balances are a very old style but as long as the diameter is the only problem and your original balance tube measures 3/8", I agree that the S400-24 spiral balance and 17-031 bracket would be our best replacement options. You can also use the same 75-005 charging tool for installation. 

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.