Spring loaded clips to hold screens in place

A handy person from Hawaii says:
The approximately 10 year old Milgard window screens on my house have small spring clips to hold them in place. The clips are made of unprotected steel. The clips are rusting and not functioning anymore. I would like to replace the clips, or if needed the entire screen. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Milgard offers not support for products more than one year old.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We carry a bunch of different clips that may serve the same function as the one you're showing, but I can't really make out what you have from this photo. Is there any way we can see a picture of yours out of the frame? If we can see one that's undamaged, that would be even better. Please also provide any measurements you can.

A quick learner from Hawaii says:
I don't think they are removable if you zoom in you can see there is just a hole in the frame. The small unpainted tab is spring loaded and pushes in to remove and insert the frame into the window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

If they aren't removable, I'm not sure how you'd be able to replace them. The only parts we have that come to mind are our 70-008 and 70-009, along with the plain nylon 70-195. See if you or a screen repair person can install one of these type on your screens. You might need to contact Milgard to get the same one, if they are still available.

How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.