Spring loaded piston for keeping upper sash up.

A quick learner says:
This part keeps upper sash up. There is one on each side of the sash, the one on the right sash came out of its sleeve and will not go back in.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The part you're looking for is known as a balance. Yours in particular is a spiral balance. I would recommend looking at our Series 600 to start out, just make sure that the diameter of your outer tube is 5/8" (9/16" should be fine, too).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)