Spring tension pin has broken off

A handy person from Canada says:
Question for tension spring for screen.

I have windows and screens that have tension bars with small pins attached to them that poke through the screen frame which then holds the screen into the window frame itself. These small pins have broken off the plastic tension bars on many windows.

Can the springs above that attach to the screen on the outside of the screen frame be used on any screens?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure, actually. Could I see a few pictures of the part you're describing? Can you also tell me its measurements? Once I see what you have I will be better able to suggest a solution. Thanks!
A quick learner from Hi Dave says:
Hi Dave. Thanks for the reply. As you see by the pictures there are plastic tension springs that go inside the side bar of the screen and a pin stick out the hole of the side bar. The pins have broken off these white plastic tension springs.

Is there a solution I can buy to put a tension spring on the side of the screen to keep it tight in the window opening. In order to get these white tension springs out of these screens, I need to remove the screen on one end and pull the end screen bar off in order to get inside of the side bars.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! This is a weird clip. I've never seen anything like it before. To be honest, you may be able to get away with just a regular pull pin. Could you adapt our 70-008 or 70-009 to use with your screen? You could even consider using crazy or gorilla glue to attach your leaf spring to them.
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
How to install the 70-009 window screen frame plunger pin
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a screen window plunger pin
How to install a screen window plunger pin
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.