Springs for Bonneville windows

A home owner from VT says:
Hello,

Windows were installed new in 2002. I believe they are Bonneville windows. The windows are very difficult to open now, and some click when opened (assuming spring is bent). The windows are double hung vinyl. I have 2 different size windows, 18" and 28" tall (individual pane size). One window has a damaged pin (IMG_3323). I would like to purchase enough to replace all the springs in my windows; 10 of the 28" windows (will need 40 of those springs) and 7 of the 18" windows (will need 28 of those springs). I haven't removed the springs yet, can if needed. Happy to provide any further info required.

Thanks,
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3320.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3323.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3324.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3321.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We'd be happy to help, but we'll need to see an undamaged pivot shoe removed from the window, along with dimensions to compare to our inventory. If we can identify the pivot shoe, that will tell us the coils and accessories that you'll need.

If you need a new pivot bar, we'll also need to see it removed from your window along with dimensions. 

Thank you! 

Hello,

Please find attached pics of the pivot shoe.

Thanks,

Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageYJkI8b.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageQpIvJS.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage2NQ1Hi.gif
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the additional pictures, Mike!

Please see our 15-111 pivot shoe which uses the Series 160 coil springs. Compare our dimensions to yours and see how they match up. 

15-111 dimensions
Thank you for the response, looks like we have a match! Where do I find the weight stamp on the spring?
Was able to get deeper into the mechanism. Are the "4" and "5" the numbers I need for the springs?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CF378250-33FD-41BE-A3E8-56A9011248B7.jpeg
Also looks like both spring extend down to the shoe. I watched your install videos and it appears that the spring attach to each other in the coil support. Could I use 1 #9 spring if the 4 and 5 are both connected to tue spring? Or am I missing something in the install video?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Yes, the 4 and 5 you see are the stamps in question. 

Concerning how these springs attach, they are meant to stack; the bottom spring attaches to the shoe, the second spring attaches to the bottom spring, and so on. Think of it like a barrel of monkeys. If both of your springs attach to the shoe in your current assembly then the explanation is simply that whoever installed it didn't know how they were supposed to work.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.