Stanley 9 lite exterior steel door

A quick learner from Galloway, nj says:
Hello!

I'm looking to replace strips for 2 doors. They have an accordian appearance on outside edge and have black plastic ribs inside the folds.
They appear to stick onto the door stop, but I can't see if there's a groove in the wood for them to stick into.
They appear to be substantial and strong strips, not like the trash everyone is selling.
Your insight would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Carolyn
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191012_100901272.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20191012_100851865.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Carolyn. I cannot determine what weatherstripping you have based on these photos. We really need to see the end profile to be 100% sure, since most weatherstripping looks the same while installed.

That said, most Stanley steel doors used something like our 58-008 magnetic seal. Look it over and let me know if this is a match. If not, we need you to remove a sample and show us a photo from the same angle at which we show the 58-008 on our site. Let me know!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.