Stanley Extension Hex Awning Operators

A home owner from USA says:
Hi. I am desperately trying to find center operators for old awning windows. I believe they are called
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't think we'll be able to replace this. Our 39-076 operator is very close, but different enough to make me hesitate. What do you think? Could you get this to work?
A home owner from NJ, USA says:
Sorry, but I'm really not any kind of expert on window hardware. It doesn't look to me like the 39-076 would work. I've attached other pictures. There's a hole at the bottom of the window that you put the little bar (drive rod?) into. The bar has a 3/8 hex end and I don't know what you call the other end (spline?). The operator attaches over this. If I take off the operator as pictured, and use either pliers or the handle alone, the window opens and closes just fine, but that's not easy to do. It's the gears inside some of the operators that are slipping. Was hoping there would be some other operator that would fit over the 3/8 hex end sticking out in the picutre. Can't find this extension hex, or sometimes called angle adaptor, anywhere.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for the additional information. I'm afraid the hardware you show are discontinued and no longer made anymore. The 39-076 is the closest thing we carry. Are you sure this isn't a match? I suspect it might be what is currently behind the sill. If not, then I don't think anything we have can work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)