Stanley Sliding Mirror Closet Door

A quick learner from Dallas, Texas (Howdy) says:
Are there universal bottom tracks and new rollers that I could replace on my existing Stanley Mirror Sliding Closet Door?

I have never been real impressed with the ones that came on the original door. I put a new wood floor in the bedroom so I had to take out the door and track and then reinstall when I finished the floor. The adjustments seem to be very sensitive and I can't seem to get that easy gliding movement.

I don't know if my floor may be slightly unlevel, but I was hoping if I bought a superior track and roller mechanism, with a little more flexibility, it might be more forgiving and roll easier.

Mine seem to drag no matter how much I try to adjust.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There really aren't any generic door rollers. You may be stuck with the hardware you have now. However, if you were to send us a couple pictures of the rollers in question, we can try to find something better.
A quick learner from Dallas, TX says:
Here are pics of existing door rollers and tracks (Upper & lower)
User submitted photos of a closet door roller.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, thank you. You do have older hardware, but I think our 23-041 and 23-242 could possibly replace your roller and track. I'm not sure how much smoother than 23-041 will be, though. Perhaps you could consider our 23-225. This has a ball-bearing wheel, which of course rolls much more smoothly than a non ball-bearing wheel like our 23-041 and your original roller.

My only concern is that the 23-225 is a difference size than the 23-041 and has different hole placements. Looking at your photos, it looks like you only use two screws. Could the hole placement of the 23-225 match these holes? If not, could you drill new ones?
A quick learner from Dallas, Texas (Howdy) says:
Yeah. I think if the ball bearing part is reasonably close to matching what I have, I can and have made modifications on similar projects to make it work.

I think I'd be willing to take the chance.

Would you recommend I get a different bottom track? What about the upper track?
Profile picture of Tom
You can stick with the same tracks you have now if they aren't damaged. New tracks aren't really going to make a difference since ours are functionally the same as what you have now.
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
 Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.