Stanley awning window track guide

A quick learner from Merritt Island, FL says:
The part I am looking for is the piece of plastic that keeps the flat bar that
travels up and down in the "groove". You can barely see the plastic part in the
picture, as it is riveted on where the hinge is riveted on the bar. The width of the
flat bar is 1 11/16 in. To take it off would require drilling out the rivet I believe.
It has pretty much disintegrated on the window where it needs replaced.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I have repaired this kind of Stanley awning window in the past. What I did in your case was to use a type of clip like the 70-086 or 70-134 (I believe it was the 70-086, but I'm not sure about the offset needed). You will need to install the clip along the track so as to not interfere with the hinges. Drill a hole basically in line with the screw you show in your photo. You might also want to cut or grind off the top of the clip to make it lower. What this clip will do is to keep the tracking in place and allow the tracking to slide up and down. Let me know if this information helps!
A quick learner from Merritt Island, FL says:
Thanks for the info. It looks like a great idea. It will
be a while before I get a chance to try it out, but I'll
try and remember to post the results.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)