Stanly replacement roller and track

A quick learner says:

my current roller has the same measurements as 23-092, with a nylon wheel.

My measure, wheel diameter 1/8, 3/4 flare, with 9/16 inches.

The 23-043 diameter is 1/8 longer than my roller. Should I buy 23-092 or 23-043?

For tha matching track 23-271.

My door frame opening is 59.5 inch. Will 0.5 shorter than the opening be ok?

The outer widest width of the outter layer of the door is 1 1/16 inch and the narrowest width is 7/8 inch. Will my door fit the track 23-271?

The top grove for hanging the door is 2.5 in width total and each Grove is 1 1/4 inch in width.

Thanks

Julia

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200813_162934.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200813_162902.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200813_162841.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200813_162359.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200813_162149.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

If your dimensions match up to the 23-092 roller, I would recommend sticking with that. The material of the roller is not a determining factor, so don't worry too much about it being steel instead of nylon. I also agree that the 23-271 would be compatible and the 1/2" difference in length shouldn't be a problem. You can always center the track away from the wall a bit if necessary. Thanks for posting! 

A home owner from Secaucus , NJ says:

Hi, Tom:

As per your suggestion, I order 23-271 and 23092 the roller and the track. However, the roller's bottom metal edge to the bottom of the wheel is 16/5' ( AB on picture) which is less than the original roller's equivalent distance(CD)that is 3/8 inches. Because the AB, is too low, the sliding door's bottom edge hits the track.

Will 23043 work in this case since 23043's diameter is 1/8 inches bigger than 23092?

Can you please confirm the AB or CD ( the bottom edge from metal to the bottom edge of wheel ) is 3/8 inches?

Will 23043 fit tracker 23-271?

How can I return 230092 to you? my order # was 1467415. Do I need a return authorization or label? Where do I ship it?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200915_144135.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200915_143854.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200915_143848.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200915_143836.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

These rollers are adjustable, meaning that the wheel will move up and down to allow the door to be reinstalled. Both the 23-043 and 23-092 have concave wheels and are compatible with the 23-271 track. The main difference would be the dimensions and wheel diameter. 

If you don't think you can get the hardware you purchased to work, though it should in our experience, you can view our return policy here

Even the wheels can go up and down the bottom meatal edge still hits the track.
You have not answer my question for distance of the bottom edge from metal to the bottom edge of wheel of 230-43. Can you please refer to picture attached yesterday and let me know the AB or CD distance for 23043?

Your return policy did not have the address for return. Where should I mail the return wheels? Can I send it back on the address on the shipping address on the box?
Can I drop it to the post office today or tomorrow to meet the 30 day return policy? I ordered it on Aug 18 20.
Julia
Profile picture of Tom

I'll see if someone in our warehouse can get the dimensions you requested. 

We'll attach the return shipping address below. As long as you send them back in the next day or so, we should have no problem processing your refund. 

Ship returns to:

SWISCO.com

Attn: RETURNS

7030 Colonial Hwy

Pennsauken, NJ 08109

Hi, Tom:
Have you heard back from the ware house? Please see attached photo with my current roller.
Can you please look at my measurements with your modle 23043 to confirm 23043 is the compatible roller so that I can order the correct ones to avoid returning again.
Julia
Profile picture of Tom

Looking at your original roller I can see that the movable part of the housing lines up with the stationary part of the housing. I did look at the nylon roller 23-043 and it looks like the moving part of the housing is the same as the one you purchased the 23-092

What I did was to take a look at the patio door roller the 81-250. That moving part does not hang down as much as the other two rollers. The distance is 1/16" as compared to the 23-092 which is 1/8". Do you think that is enough to work with your door. 

If not you might need to use your existing housing and just replace the wheel and axle like on the 81-223 along with the axle kit 81-310. Look at the related video on the web site.

Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
Sliding Closet Mirror Door Rollers & Tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
Sliding closet mirror door rollers and tracks
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.