Sterling (?) shower guide(s) broken, sweep bent

A quick learner from Milwaukee says:
Sliding shower doors installed early 80's. Think they are sterling. Bottom of one 29" door bent after a fall and guides are broken. Part 10-127 is the right style guide and the measurements fit. Is it two guides per door? Also, I don't know if the bent part (sweep?) can be unbent or if that unscrewable part needs replacing. If I need to replace it, what part will fit a 29" door?
Thanks.
User submitted a photo of shower door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Our 10-127 guide was used on Sterling shower doors. Just take a look to make sure the measurements are the same. As for that bent frame, you should be able to straighten it out. See if you can remove that bottom rail from the door--and be careful not to damage the glass or other parts of the frame! If you have a bench vise at home, that would help hold the aluminum rail in place while you use a set of pliers to bend it back in shape. This type of shower door, with the aluminum frame, is becoming harder to come by. These days, the latest shower doors are the frameless type.
A quick learner from Milwaukee says:
Dave,
Thanks. Will give that a try. How many guides are needed per shower door?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe each door panel would require two of the 10-127; one on each end.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.