Storm Door Glass Retainer Strip

A home owner from Ocean Gate, NJ says:
HELP! We have a nice storm door with full glass panel. It is retained by 4 strips like this one around the perimeter. We looked all over, but unable to find a Mfr name anywhere (Hate when they do that!). Probably 15-20 years old.

Hope you folks can come up with something on this...

By the way, the short leg of the 'L' snaps into a channel in the aluminum door frame and the long leg pushes up against the glass. Thanks in advance...
User submitted photo of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if we can help. These type of retainer strips are made to fit a particular storm door. You said you looked for a name on the door, but could not find one. Make sure to check the edges of the door, specifically the top, bottom, hinge side, and handle side, and on the inside of the frame.

Either way, you might need to install a type of screw on clip like the 70-110 with some type of sheet metal screw.
A home owner from Ocean Gate says:
Sorry, Dave...I can't find mfr ANYWHERE on this door! I had the door off the house and stripped down to clean - nothing at all! Seems like a quality unit, but don't understand. Possibly there was a paper or foil label that fell off, but I didn't see any evidence of that either. Beats me...
Thanks anyway for trying,

Jim
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us, Jim. You may want to consider a panel clip like our 70-110, then. Rather than having one long strip along the length of the door, you would just have two or three clips holding the panel in. I find that this does the job just as well and is easier to repair in the long run.
A home owner from Lexington, MA says:
Hi,

Were you able to locate a retainer strip for the homeowner above (Ocean Gate, NJ)? I have need the same exact retainer strips for my storm door.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Irwin
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.