Storm Door Handles

A handy person from Deep River, Iowa says:
I have several storm door handles to replace on some senior/disabled apartment doors. Some of the folks can't push buttons or turn knobs. It looks like your product #40-028 handles will work. The question I have is: They say "inswinging doors" what does this mean? The doors all open towards you when you open them, that is you pull them out to open them. Will this product work on these doors?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I do not believe the 40-028 is the handle for you. You would be better off using the 40-058 Lever Handle with Deadbolt Set. Also, take a look at the 40-152 Pull Handle Set. This is a "pull up lock", maybe that will fit the bill.

Take note they are both 1 3/4" hole centers, which should be the same as the ones you are replacing.
A handy person from Deep River ,IA says:
Just asking Mike,but why don't you think the #40-028 would work? I don't need locks on these doors, just a handle that the older folks can work. The #40-152 I don't think would work for them either. Some of them have so much arthritis in their hands that they can't grasp objects, that's why the lever handles work for them, all they have to do is push down with their hand and they can open the door. Is the reason you don't think the #40-028 will work is because of their size? From the diagram of the dimesions on the website it looks as though they will work, the 1 3/4" hole centers of this are the same as what came off of the doors.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You can't use the 40-028 Door Handle Set because it is for an inswinging door. I believe the doors you are describing are outswing; leading me to recommend the 40-058 Lever Handle.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.