Storm Door Lock, replacement outside knob

A distributor from Halifax, VA says:
Hello, I need a new knob for my storm door lock as the spring is worn after many years and it does not return the inside handle to horizontal for proper engagement with the keeper. It was an Ideal Security from 1987 supplied by Hess Armaclad in Quincy, PA.. It was included in what I believe was their Hardware kit #10, features 1 & 3/4" hole centers, and the finish is antique brass. The 2" diameter round knob is fastened to a rectangular plate which is 2" W x 6" H. The inside handle is similar to what Ideal Security used on their old NA 1125 models featuring a lever-style handle with a vertical slide lock that features a round button which is about the diameter of a pencil. It is reversible for hinge L or hinge R installations, is black, and will function fine with a new outside knob. The outside knob has no key. There is a separate keyed deadbolt that still functions fine. I hope you can help by supplying me with a new replacement outside knob. Thanks & Happy New Year! John in Halifax, VA.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe that the handle you are looking for is still available. Manufacturers are getting away from the "knob" type handle for the ADA acceptable lever type. I believe your handle was similar to the 40-138, but perhaps a little fancier. Look at the 40-177 handle set, as well. This might be a suitable replacement for your door. We also have the the 40-130 handle with deadbolt. All these handles have the 1-3/4" mounting hole centers.
A distributor from Halifax, VA says:
Thank You Dave, for your prompt reply. My lockset is indeed sort of like a fancy version of your 40-138. I'll consider the others also and decide. Thanks again! John
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.