Storm Window spring or part that keeps it from falling down

A home owner from Baltimore, MD says:
Hello. Can you please tell me what parts I need to purchase to repair the window in the photos? The tab that is spring loaded and keeps the window from falling down is broken off at the tip or windows edge so it no longer catches. The first 4 photos are of the working side. I tried to use your website form for trying to identify parts but it did not work. Thanks
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, I don't believe this part is still available. It kind of looks like our 91-179, but yours looks like it has a square pin compared to ours, which is round. I'm not sure you can adapt it to your storm sash. I wonder if you could use our 95-176 corner and 91-102 spring and make your own latch. Take a look at these parts or any others and see what you can come up with.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)