Storm door retainer

A home owner from USA says:
Looking for overhead retaining arm for wooden storm door with inserts for winter, glass, summer screens. The missing part was an overhead bracket which retained the door from swinging all the way open. It has a simple open track with a wing nut to tighten if you wanted to lock open. The swing is about 18 inches. I do not want a cylinder or door closer which snaps the door on you when you try to pass through holding a dish. Temporarily I attached a black rubber tie down without the hooks. Reid with string. My wife hates this. Sorry I discarded the old bracket. See the picture of the door. About 18" swing needed but so it will not snap back on me

Jack Jack
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0479.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Jack. Please take a look at the Premium Touch n' Hold door closer, 40-080. This type of closer is used on Larson and Pella storm doors. If you have a wind problem you might also want to install the 40-036 storm door chain, but if not then the closer should be all you need.

How to Replace a Storm Door Closer
How to Replace a Storm Door Closer
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
How to install the 40-036 storm door chain
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.