Storm window corner

A professional from Dallastown, Pa says:
Could you help me identify this corner? I would also be looking for the top corners to match if they are not identical. I cannot tell; the tops are to deteriorated to remove. The are turning into dust.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Meisenhalter corner.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Ah, this old thing. I come across this corner once every few months. It's not made anymore and there is no direct replacement, but we do have a solution. It's not elegant but it works.

The reason they designed this double leg in the first place was to keep the screen latch from falling out of the frame. With that in mind, my colleague Dave came up with the idea of using our 95-002 to replace the corner key. The nice thing about the 95-002 is that it's self locking, which means there's no need to "pin" the corner into the frame.

However, if you just so happen to have a latch that needs to be kept in place, you can cut a leg off of the old corner and put that in the frame to hold the latch in place. You could also use the 95-176, theoretically.

Look this hardware over and let me know what you think. You also mentioned that you want to know the name of the company; I want to say these were Marvin, but it's been a long time since any of us worked on these screens directly. 

Profile picture of Tom

The pleasure's all mine! Please let me know how it works out, or if you have any questions.

Thank you for the suggestion. It appears that this is going to work. As always; gratitude for your service.
Profile picture of Tom

That's great news. Thank you once again!

I have a few 95-002 in the shop and it will work. We sampled one to be certain.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.