Stuck Tilt Window

A home owner from SC says:
Hi, my tilt window is stuck, and the coil spring is broken, and it looks like similar to this 140 Quick-Tilt (Single). Can I please know how do I find the size of the coil spring? Seems this 140 Quick-Tilt works but am not sure.
And any way to remove the old one and install the new one? The attached photos show that the spring broken out from the shoe (the bottom part is broken indeed). Shall I remove the two screws in order to take the broken one out? Any advice is appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1442.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1443.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to see your coil balance fully removed from the window to compare to our inventory. There should be numbers stamped on the coils or coil housing that indicate the strength options needed for the replacements. If not, you'll need to confirm the exact weight of the window sash for us to determine the necessary strength options. 

Since the coil is broken, you should be able to remove the sash and raise the shoe and coils to the cutout in the jamb if your window has one. If not, we've related a video on this page that shows the process of making the cutout. Thank you! 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.