Sue Prytherch - Window parts photos

A handy person from Cape Coral, Florida says:

Hi, I am working on repairing 3 aluminum windows. They have "PGT" brand stamped on them. I believe they are the original windows and the house was built in 1993. None of them work very well at all, and one is almost completely frozen. I would like to replace the channel balances on all three windows. (So, I would need 6 of them, correct?) I have attached photos. My channel balances are 1/2 inch wide and 30 inches long. I measured the 30 inches from the ends of the aluminum channel piece - not including the plastic end pieces. Can you tell me what to order? And also, the channel balances come with the plastic end pieces and also the spring? I have more photos if you need them. My husband and I have done a lot of remodeling work and we are pretty handy, but haven't fixed a lot of windows. Thank you for your help. I love your website. --Sue

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sue.Prytherch.Window.Photo9.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sue.Prytherch.Window.Photo14.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sue.Prytherch.Window.Photo18.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Sue. Thanks for the kind words. You are right; for three windows you'd need six balances. Assuming they all have the same nylon fittings and metal channel length, you'll need our S395-30. These balances come fully assembled and ready to install out of the box. The video below shows how to install them. 

You will need to choose stamp options for these balances. These designate the weight range the balance is meant to support. Look for a stamp code on the metal channel that designates this. if there is none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of the window sashes. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the product page.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.