Suitable replacement parts

A home owner from Indiana says:
We have a home built in the '70's. Almost all of the closets have 89" metal, bifold doors. The doors vary in width depending on the closet opening, but all are the same design. Since it would be a messy and costly hassle to reconfigure the closets and the openings to change to a "modern" door design, I would like to refurbish the existing doors.

I am enclosing pictures but my main concern is the top set of door pins. The top pivot pin is spring loaded. The pin on the other side is not spring loaded, but is set screw adjusted (therefore "fixed"). We have always had trouble keeping those in the track as you open the door. Shouldn't that pin also be spring loaded?

I can clean up the existing spring loaded pivot pins, but would be open to replacing them if you have a suitable replacement part. Obviously, I need to replace all other top pins (spring loaded or not). Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks,

Tony
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 13CDC903-E89C-41EB-9679-03C5037B7817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F162189E-1CA9-49D1-94B7-FECD39C0A8B5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 150D6941-5B25-4BA6-B2EE-DDAB4447566A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3F79E16-6C38-48F9-A9CF-E1AFCA5F4C8C.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Tony. Can you give me the diameter of the pins as well as the diameter of the caps atop the pins? From there I will do my best to narrow these down for you. Thanks. 

A home owner from Indiana says:
The diameter of the pins appears to be 1/4". The top of the cap is 3/8" and the flare of the cap measures between 7/16" and 15/32".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2BD5F77D-61F5-4164-9605-64D202DEED14.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E414C229-C8E4-442A-9109-D0A4E5AC266A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D0B7A9A7-3E58-4ECF-BE17-D4E02B873550.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the dimensions. We believe you can use the new style Slimfold door parts to rehabilitated your doors. You will need one 21-001 bottom door adjusting pin and three 21-007 spring loaded pins for the other pin replacements. You may find the video below which shows how to remove and replace these pins to be useful.

How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.