Sweeps for Benchmark double door steel doors

A home owner from Virginia says:
Hello, we are looking for replacement sweeps for our Benchmark double door steel front doors. The doors are 32 inches by 1 and 3/4 inches. The sweep is 31 and 3/4 inches long by 1 and 3/4 inches wide. I
User submitted photo of their weatherseal.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. This kind of sweep is always tricky to replace. Every door manufacturer seems to install these to the bottom of the door in different ways, and none of them match up. I think you should consider our 58-176 as a replacement. I like this because it simply wraps around the bottom of the door and installs with screws from the side. There's no need to match up any kind of precise kerf spacing. What do you think?
A home owner from Virginia says:
Thanks for your quick response. I was trying to avoid drilling holes into the door. Are there any other options that you think might work? If not, do you drill into the front or back surface of the door with this type of sweep. Also, my current sweep is somewhere between brown and black in color. Does this come in a similar color?
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Another solution I've seen is stapling the 58-189 to the bottom of the door. However, this requires cutting off the two kerfs on top so that there's room. You can see our entire selection of sweeps here. You may find something that can be adapted to your needs.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.