Swisco balances are too thick

A quick learner from Texas says:
I bought some balances last week. S395-28. But they won't let my window sash go back into the window. I sent a photo to demonstrate: the channel in the forground is 1/2 and the new ones are 5/8" deep. The window will not go into the track. let me know what you think.

Thanks
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry to hear you're running into trouble. I'm not sure what the problem can be. They don't make a shallower version of this balance. They pretty much only make it one way, and have for years. Even looking at your picture, I don't see a significant difference in the size of the balance. At least, not anything that would prevent it from working.

Could the problem be with the bottom shoe? The S395-28 comes with the 15-001 shoe, which is on the thick side at 1-3/32". What is the depth of your old shoe?
When I put the balance in the jamb it sits flush in the jamb Please look at the photo for further details
Here are additional pictures of my shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot determine the size of your shoe from these pictures. You will need to measure it and then refer to the dimensions we show for the 15-001 to confirm if it's a match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.