Switching out Crossbow Balance for Spiral Balance?

A quick learner from USA says:
Hi I have crossbow balance 3/8 spring and i want to know if I can replace this crossbow with series 900 spiral balance 3/8" and pivot shoe 15-045.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
In order for us to determine if such a request is possible, we will need to see some photos of your current balance. From there, we will be able to give you more of a definitive answer.
A professional from PR says:
Switching out crossbow balance for ap
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I don't think it will be worth it to try and use our Series 900 spiral balance. Besides the cost, the time it will take to install everything into the track will be exceptional, and even then there's no guarantee it will even fit. Even if it does, the balance won't work the same way and your window may not function properly after all that work. It's probably best to stick with what you have now.
A professional from PR says:
Ok thanks but the problem is that I can not find the balance crossbow 3/8 which is the one my window uses
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. We can custom make that size for you. Can you just tell me the length? Can you also tell me how many you need?
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.