TRUTH window mechanism #45206

A home owner from Rop Rancho, New Mexico says:
Mounting plate is 5" x 2", arm width at widest disconnected position 24.5", mounted with four screws two 1" and two 3/4", mount color bronze.

Numbers/markings found on under side of mount:
- PAT Canada 1986
- US PAT 4505601
- MADE IN USA
- TRUTH
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

The stamped number you provided does not cross reference to any of our operators. Could we have you submit some photos of the part, and provide detailed measurements to review and advise on a replacement option? Thank you.

I requested assistance in sourcing the above TRUTH window hardware. I received an email from you asking for pictures/measurements, the part number I provided couldn't be found in your data base. I could not attach the above pictures to your email, so am sending here.

Thank You,

Richard Homan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0220.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0221.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0223.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for the additional photos and information. Take a look and see if our 39-348 would be a good match for you. 

Manuela, I believe the 39-348 will work. I need seven but will order one to ensure 39-348 works before ordering six more.

Thank You
Richard
Profile picture of Casey

Great, thank you so much! We appreciate you ordering with us. Please let us know how it works out.

Morning Manuela,
Appreciate your assistance. Have an additional question. I'm interested in switching from a hand crank window opening to a lever opening mechanism. Issue is installing blinds, crank handle gets in the way. Is there another opener with a lever handle that would replace the 39-348?
Thank You,
Richard
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Manuela is not here at the moment, but I 'd be happy to assist you with this. You may want to take a look and possibly consider installing on of our lever type awning operators, like the 39-070. However, with this part, there will have to be some retro fitting to your wood sill cover, mounting holes, and deciding on which type of sash bracket will work best, that is, if you still happen to have any room left on your sash to even mount the brackets. If that doesn't seem like an option to you, then why don't you just have a look at our 39-205 folding crank handle. This can be used with the 39-348 and the handle can fold down so that it's not effecting your window treatments. I happen to have these type of operators and handles at home, and I haven't had any issues with the handle interfering with my window treatments. Look everything I mentioned over and get back to me with an update. 

Dave,
Yes the folding handle 39-205 appears to resolve my problem with window treatments. I will be ordering 39-348 mechanisms and 39-205 folding handles. Appreciate you assistance in resolving my problem, without having to modify window sashes.
Thank You
Richard
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Awesome! Thank you so much, Richard. We appreciate your business. Please let us know how it works out or if you had any other questions.

Profile picture of Casey

We were happy to help! You know where to find us if you need anything else.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.