Technical performance of your channel balances.

A handy person from Connecticut says:
I have build a windscreen (aluminium frame construction) in front of an existing 40" glass railing where my screen is acting as the bottom half of a double hung window (down in the resting state and vertically up to block the wind).

The windcreen window has a 39in sash with a maximum vertical travel distance of 37in. The weight is about 60 pounds total (but it is 6" thick so I can put two channels per side for 15lb per channnel counter spring if necessay).

My questions are: will your PC S395-39 allow the full 36 inch travel distance, and do you recommend 1 or 2 change springs per side (i.e. a 30 pounds or 15 pound load per channel)?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I can't guarantee this will work, since we only deal with replacement parts, but with our best judgement, I think the S385-39 balance installed as a normal double hung is a good way to go. The spring strength option is 3820, for a sash weighing 14 through 19 pounds, so using two on each side of the sash should about cover it. Again, though, I can't be certain it will work.
A handy person from CT says:
Hi Paul, thx for your advise. I purchased your 38" 3740s (one per side) and they installed simply and work fantastically in my unique and custom application (nice and smooth weight balance).
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Awesome, glad we could help! Let me know if you need anything else.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.