Teflon drawer piece that holds track and installs using pegs

A quick learner says:
This teflon piece holds the slider for my kitchen drawer and it has broken. How can I replace with a new one?
Do you have a new one for me and can you tell me how to get the old, broken one off the back wall of the cabinet. I can't figure out how to remove it or how it was installed.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3765.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0265.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like the old Merillat drawer socket. These aren't made anymore, but our 32-119 is a confirmed replacement. The biggest difference is that ours installs using screws, not pegs. Drilling new holes will be necessary.

As for removing the old socket, it should just plug in and out. Come to think of it, though, I have seen these glued in place once or twice before. That's always an issue; there isn't much you can do about that. If that's the scenario that you're in then I would recommend contacting a local hardware store to see if they can offer a solution that wouldn't damage the back wall of your cabinet.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey, I saw Tom's post here concerning these old Merillat sockets being glued in to the back of your cabinet. I run a furniture business, and we've come across this sort of problem a few times before. You have a few options here before you resort going to your local hardware store. First, what I'd do is to try and carefully pry the old sockets off with a knife. If that doesn't work, try further loosening it up with some WD-40. Then, if all else fails, go to a hardware store to seek some kind of solvent that could do the job.

A quick learner says:
Thanks guys. I ordered the part and will follow your instructions
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! We appreciate it. We'd also love to hear if your successful.

A home owner from Cleveland ohio says:
If the bracket is not glued in you pull the bottom of the bracket straight out and once the bottom stub of the bracket is out of the hole you tip the bracket up to get the top stub of the bracket out of the top hole.
SWISCO Grass Adapter Drawer Bracket
SWISCO Grass Adapter Drawer Bracket
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.