Tension Springs in 9 Windows

A home owner from Dallas, TX says:
Dear Sirs,

I am attaching a picture of a tension spring approximately 1-3/4" long x 1/4' wide. The back of our house was redone in 1990 and 9 new wood windows were installed. There is no identifying mark on them or on the windows. We are at a loss on how to repair them so anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

A customer submitted photo of a window spring.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Terry. This balance looks like our Series 751 with a 19-030 long spring. To repair and replace balances, first remove the interior wood trim and center the top and bottom sashes together so you can grab them and pull them out with the tracks. You will probably need help in this. With the tracks out, you can slide out the old balances inside the track and install the new balances. Then reverse this process to reinstall the tracks and sashes. I hope this helps!
A home owner from Dallas says:
Thanks for replying. You said I would probably need help. Can you tell me how I would find someoone to do what you describe. My husband said even if he had the parts he has no idea as to how to do the repair. I am hoping you have a suggestion.

Thanks again,
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience, Terry.

We've just uploaded a tutorial video on the Series 751 Channel Balance. You can take a look here:

Hopefully this will provide some helpful tips on installation and removal.
A quick learner from Dallas says:
We're still looking and have a little more info. A repairman removed a sash and found the following "Frontier 929623 6x6 prime 2". Also stamped on the metal part of the jambliner was 32HD. He thinks the whole jamliner (plastic track and metal parts) would need to be replaced. He will do it if we can find the parts. The windows/jambliners are similiar to the brand he carries-Kolbe.

We've searched the internet and WDMA and can find no reference to a Frontier manufacturer.

Does this help in any way to point us to the correct parts?

Thanks very much,
User submitted pictures of ribbed balances installed in window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we do not sell jamb liners and will not be able to help you with that. As for the balance, however, have you seen our Series 751 channel balances? You might also want to see our 19-030 long spring. Show these to the contractor helping you and see if he can help you install them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)