Tension springs

A quick learner from Granby, MO says:
Here are picture for I device I am making that requires tension springs.
The two shown holding something are an example of the use of the holder, My daughter purchased it at a show she went to.
The two with the dimensions is the one I am building for here and need a tension spring for.
Thanks for your help
User submitted photos of a tension spring.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if these springs would work but take a look at our 20-001. This spring is for adding tension to a wood window sash. It's large, but maybe you can make allowances in your design.

Another possibility is our 70-011 window screen tension spring. What you would have to do is drill two 3/16" holes approximately 3-3/16" apart. That should secure it in your bracket.

Looking at your photo I can see a spring you already have. That looks like the type a picture framer uses to secure photo backing in metal frames. If that one you have works well for you try a local craft store or a picture framer store to see if you can purchase them by themselves.
A quick learner from Granby, MO says:
I appreciate you information regarding a possible source from a craft-picture frame shop. I will look locally to see if I can find one. If I cannot I will try your 70-011. Thanks again for your help.
Jerry
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.