The Forever View Door Deadbolt Replacement

A quick learner says:
Hi,
My door locking mechanism is broken, specifically the top inner part (where the key from the outside turns the locking mechanism out to lock the door. The key just keeps turning and turning the lock itself isn't catching so the upper lock doesn't pop out. However from the inside of the house I can turn that upper lock and it does pop out. I can't find any replacement parts (or do I need to change the whole thing) I can't find anything in retail stores that look this size. I believe the upper part is broken (when I took it apart it look liked some metal part which catches the spindle wand has worn away. Any help would be much appreciated.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. While we don't have an exact replacement for your old handle set, I suggest you take a look at the following parts. First, the 40-155 Deadbolt might be a good substitute for your original lock--you could see if you can still use your outer pull instead of the key plate that comes with this new part. If you wanted to replace everything with new hardware, you could also consider the 40-152 Handle Set to go along with the Deadbolt. Or, instead of either of the previous two options, consider replacing everything with our 40-058 Lever Handle with Deadbolt Set. In any case, just remember to compare the dimensions with your old parts and see what you think you is best.

A quick learner says:
Thanks I will have to take some measurements ( probably over the course of a week) and see where I'm at.
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
How to Install a Storm Door Handle with Deadbolt [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.