The arm is different

A home owner from Trenton Michigan says:
I ordered part # 39187 & 39188 because according to your site those where the replacement. The arm that is attached to the gear is different and does not allow the window to close. Is there a different part that I needed or do I need to position the arm in a different spot on the window? Any help would be appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear the 39-187 and 39-188 didn't work for you; you can view our Return Policy here. Manufacturer codes can often be correlated with multiple parts that share similar components but are otherwise different. That is the case here. Another pair of operators our database associates with the numbers inside your operator's housing are the 39-089 and 39-090. You'll note that these operators look very similar, but that the pair you purchased has a gear arm with a 'W-shape', while the 39-089 and 39-090 have a 'Z-shaped' gear arm. Carefully compare with all the pictures and dimensions listed on the product pages, and let me know if anything differs in any way. If in doubt, please show us your operator from a bird's eye perspective. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.